Saturday, September 24, 2011

Update in Pictures

I've been exploring all over the place. That means sore feet from so much walking. I don't even want to know how many miles I walk everyday. St. Andrews has four main roads. It's not very hard to get lost but somehow I've managed to more than once. There's so much history to explore though. I thought I post some pictures from Freshers week to show off the wonderful landscapes I live by.
Photobucket
The initials P. H. stand for Patrick Hamilton. He was found guilty of heresy in the 1500's. He was burned at the stake at this spot. Unfortunately for him it was raining the day he was burned and he died a very slow death. St. Andrews has a tradition that if you step on these initials after you have matriculated you are cursed and will fail your school of study. The only way to lift this curse is to participate in the May Dip where you run into the freezing cold sea at 5am. I won't be here in May so I have been very careful to walk around these initials. 

Photobucket
My friends and I went exploring on the beach for sea glass the other day. This is East Sands. There is also another beach called Castle Sands. It's closed right now but hopefully it will open before I leave.

Photobucket
This is what you drink when it's cold, windy and rainy in St. Andrews. There are tons of cute little coffee shops here. I plan on finding the perfect one for studying.

Photobucket
Apparently Prince William and Kate met in St. Salvator's Hall. Yup, I saw the place where they met. It was completely magical. But not really. I mean there wasn't even a plaque or anything commemorating the spot. St. Andrews really missed out there.

Photobucket
Just a really cool view.

1 comment:

Ariana said...

Now THAT is some Hot Chocolate!!! Or Mocha or whatever it is...I want one, can you send me one? thanks :)