Sunday, October 2, 2011

Day Trip to Dundee

I did not realize it would be this difficult keeping up to date with my blog. So, let's go back a week to the last day of Fresher's week. My friends and I decided to take a day trip to Dundee. Dundee is about a fifteen minute bus ride from St. Andrews. It does not have any historical sites or anything like that. It does have two shopping malls. Stores in St. Andrews like to rip the students off with really expensive prices so it is popular to go to Dundee to do your shopping. Dundee is also a bit bigger than St. Andrews so it was nice to walk around more of a city for the day. Sometimes I feel like St. Andrews is the safer, European version of Galesburg. Not that I'm complaining. I love the small town charm and history. Dundee really only has one street of interest. It houses the shopping malls, restaurants, a small square and some street art. Beyond that it seems to be a pretty depressed city or it is full of big business buildings.
Below are some pictures of the square and other fun things around Dundee. It was a loverly way to spend my final day of freedom before classes started. Although, I absolutely love my classes and my professor. But that is for a different post.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: