Monday, October 17, 2011

Meet the Academic Family

Here at St. Andrews there is the tradition of the academic family. In their third year students can adopt first years and/or study abroad students as their children. You get an academic mom and an academic dad. The role of academic parents includes passing on your parental wisdom, making dinners, encouraging family bonding, etc. Your academic parents are loving and supportive...until Raisin Weekend. But that is for another post, which I shall write after Raisin Weekend...if I make it. I got really lucky to have great brothers and sisters on both my mom and my dad's side. We have all bonded really well and make a wonderful and cohesive family. The pictures below are of my academic family on my dad's side. I am having my first family dinner with my academic mom on Friday. Yay! Both of my academic parents play frisbee, same goes for most of my academic brothers and sisters. It's nice to keep the frisbee in the family. It also means one big Raisin Weekend frisbee party.
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: