Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas in Scotland

First order of business, I'M HOME!!! That being said, I still have some photos and posts left before I reflect on my time abroad. Let's start with Christmas. I've never felt more in the holiday spirit in my life. I know I don't celebrate Christmas but while abroad it really has felt like the most wonderful time of the year. It all started with our Flatball Christmas party. We got dressed up all fancy, had some delicious food, there was wonderful chat and a very embarrassing Christmas present. I do believe we all clean up quite well.
Photobucket
Next we had a wonderful Christmas party the Thursday before I left. It was a potluck dinner, complete with a whole turkey! I stuffed myself until I thought I was going to burst! It was a great way to spend one of my last days in Scotland. I was surrounded by delicious food and good friends. After the dinner, Annie (a girl from Flatball) and I went and decorated a wish lantern. We wrote down all of my favorite memories from studying abroad and all of my wishes. Then we went to the beach and sent it floating away. The problem was, the wind was coming from the wrong direction so instead of ending up in the sea it might have ended up on the golf course. I'm sorry to any golfers if it ruined their game. I hope it made for some good reading.
Photobucket
I spent my last day in Scotland in Edinburgh. My friend Camille was kind enough to let me stay there with her and then she drove me to the airport the next day. When I arrived in the city her parents took my bags and Camille and I walked around the Christmas Market. There was a Winter Wonderland full of rides for the kids, The German Market had all sorts of yummy food and mulled wine, and there was even a ferris wheel. Before going to the market we got lunch and did some shopping on Princes street. Then we took a ride on the ferris wheel, ate some chocolate covered fruit and ended the day with some mulled wine. We stayed until the sun went down and let me tell you, the Market was beautiful with all of the Christmas lights. 
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: