Sunday, December 11, 2011

St. Andrew's Day

On November 30th I didn't have classes because it was Saint Andrew's Day. It was a wonderful surprise considering I had no idea this was the case until the day before. Here is a description of what St. Andrew's Day is. Basically it means that most historical attractions in Scotland have free admission so Eva and I took complete advantage of this and were tourists in St. Andrews for a couple of hours. We started at the castle. There was a wonderful display about the history of the castle but honestly it went in one ear and out the other. Suffice it to say that the castle is important to St. Andrews history.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Next we went over to the tower in the middle of the graveyard. I don't remember its name or why it's important, but it is, I promise. It also had a spectacular view of St. Andrews.
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: