Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Let's Take a Walk

Apparently I'm not quite done with my posts about Scotland. I had this post all prepared and then never actually put it on my blog. So, five bazillion years later, here it is. Due to popular demand (and by that I mean my mother asked me to) I photographed my walk from DRA to my class. I don't know why this was requested but I will do the post anyways. I did this walk four days a week for about three months. I tweaked it as I got more familiar with the town and figured out short cuts. It takes between 25 minutes to a half hour depending on how fast I feel like walking. So, in pictures, here is my route into town and then to class.
Photobucket
This is what I see right when I turn out of DRA and begin my journey. Then I go by three football fields (the European kind).
Photobucket
One. I played outdoor frisbee here when the weather permitted.
Photobucket
Two
Photobucket
Three
Photobucket
And we continue our walk. All the houses on this part of the walk look like this. They look like they would be very homey.
Photobucket
If you turn down this street you get to the Sports Center. I played a lot of indoor frisbee there.
Photobucket
Just another street that I walk by on my way to class.
Photobucket
More houses. If you keep going you go by the museum. There is an exhibit on Mummies in Scotland showing there. I don't understand it either.
Photobucket
This is where you can tell that you are starting to get near the town center. I also had multiple close shaves while crossing that street. 
Photobucket
Traffic Circle! It can get really backed up here at busy times of the day.
Photobucket
This is the student union.
Photobucket
After I pass the union I turn down this street. If I were to keep going I would hit Market street which is the city center. It gets really busy so it's faster if I turn down here. I can miss most of the foot traffic.
Photobucket
Then I turn down North Street.
Photobucket
I cross the street somewhere around here.
Photobucket
This is Castle House. This is where I have my classes.
Photobucket
Both of my classes were held in The Lawson Lecture Room. 
And there you go. That is my walk to class. 

No comments: