Saturday, June 2, 2012

Maddie Goes to Spain

Yup, the title is true, Maddie is going to Spain. Why you may ask? Can't I just be happy with a normal college education? Of course! But, why have a minor in Spanish if I've never traveled to a country that speaks it? I'll be finishing my minor in Barcelona and satisfying my new found urge to travel. Ever since Scotland I've realized I love to travel and learn about different cultures. I'm not positive, since I haven't traveled enough, but I think it's best to stay somewhere for a prolonged amount of time because it gives you the opportunity to immerse yourself in a culture and with a group of people. There's something beautiful about that opportunity. I'll be staying in Barcelona for the same amount of time as Scotland. Just Fall term. I'll be back at Knox in the winter in time for Senior Seminar and the end of my major.
I thought I'd get back into the blogging habit over the summer before I leave. I'll be a teaching assistant again at the same theatre camp I worked at last summer. I get to chronicle my summer experiences and then move right onto acclimating to city life in Barcelona. I'll end with a list of things I plan to accomplish this summer.

-Finish my entire summer reading list
-Fulbright Application
-Trigonometry course
-Lots of sister dates
-Visa
-Play Ultimate Frisbee
-Turn 21
-Further my knowledge and experience as a teacher

That list doesn't look too bad. Except for the math class. I'm not looking forward to that.

No comments: