Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Giving Thanks

file-165 photo file-165-1.jpg
This is a week late but I still think it's an important post. So here is what I'm thankful for.
-These wonderful women in the picture above. That's Carmen and Teti, my host family. My stay in Barcelona would have been so different if I hadn't lived with them. Their support, hospitality and caring made my stay so comfortable and enjoyable. My Spanish is much improved thanks to their help and I never got lost with their good directions. I am going to miss them so much.
-My biological family. If it wasn't for them I wouldn't have been in Barcelona at all. They have given me the opportunity to travel the world and have supported me throughout every second of it. It was hard to be away from them during this time of year for the second year in a row, but I am thankful that they understand how important these experiences are to me and make them possible.

We had our Thanksgiving dinner at a restaurant in Barcelona. All of our host families were invited so we could meet everyone and thank them for everything they had done for us. The food was delicious! Pumpkin soup, a huuuge turkey, mashed potatoes, and apple pie. I'm glad my dress was stretchy. After that just the kids from the program went to a bar to spend time together before we all headed our separate ways. 

No comments: