Thursday, April 24, 2014

What I'm Reading // Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil

 photo batch_jack.jpg
On a whim I bought Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil off Amazon. When I was younger we used to visit Savannah every summer so the title had always been in the back of my mind. It was a good book to get me back into reading for fun. Enough substance to think about and enough murder to be thrilling. The book also gave me a nostalgic feeling for Savannah. Berendt perfectly captured the heavy, sleepy feeling of Savannah that I remember so fondly. So here's a top 10 list of the most important parts of Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil...in my opinion.

1. Character development
2. Anecdotes/straying from the main plot
3. The beautifully captured Savannah, Georgia
4. The murder trial and what really happened?
5. Was the voodoo and magic real?
6. The fact that it's based on real events
7. Not the movie, the movie was horrible
8. The cover photo, it's just too perfect!
9. The decadence of the parties
10. The ending!

No comments: