Tuesday, May 13, 2014

What I'm Reading // Austenland Series

 photo batch_austenland2.jpg
With this crazy heat all I want to do is sit and read, so I'm been going through books at an alarming rate. I ended up reading Austenland and Midnight in Austenland because of my intense dislike for all things Jane Austen. However as an English lit major, we have crossed paths from time to time. Also, who doesn't need some fluffy chic lit in their lives? It was the perfect vacation read while in Galicia. Without further ado, here is my list of thinks:

1. Reality vs. acting
2. Being a strong Regency woman vs. modern woman
3. Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy
4. Rediscovery
5. Escape from reality
6. The movie was okay, but nothing like the book
7. I don't understand how these women can love Jane Austen this much
8. Regency love vs. modern love
9. Tradition
10. Letting go of the past
 photo batch_9781608196258.jpg

No comments: