Monday, June 30, 2014

What I'm Reading // The Art Forger

 photo batch_art-forger-featured.png
I couldn't put this one down. I originally checked it out of the library as a filler between Wild and Elizabeth Gilbert's Committed (which I just couldn't get through). I am so glad I began reading it on a whim. The writing was very straightforward and there wasn't anything particularly lyrical to it but the story was impossible to stop reading. It put together all of my favorite things: art history, art collectors, art heists and degas. It's my nerdy kind of thriller. I wish stuff like it happened in real life. When I looked up the author, Shapiro, it turns out she held quite a few other power professions before becoming a full-time writer. Really neat. It's not a very subtle plot and the twists were pretty predictable but it was a fun and gripping read.

No comments: