Thursday, June 26, 2014

What I'm Reading // Wild

 photo batch_BOOK_Wild.jpg
As an English Literature major, a lot of pleasure reading fell to the wayside during college. When you're trying to plough through two novels and an epic poem in a week, it's hard to find time to read anything else. Wild was a victim of this reading dry spell. It went somewhere on a list until I had the time and the urge to read for fun again. I found this book inspiring. As a young woman traveling and living on my own, I found her journey to self discovery beautiful. She was brutally honest throughout the whole book and I was able to identify with her unpreparedness and the way she learned as she hiked along. Not knowing exactly what I was getting to in Spain, it was nice to know that I wasn't the only one correcting mistakes as I went. And at least I didn't lose four toenails in the process.

1 comment:

AndreaC said...

Maddie,
Found out about you through ModCloth. Crazy! Loved reading about your adventures in Spain. My sister spent time in Toledo during her college years and had some similar experiences. You write well and seem to have a great sense of humor. Congratulations on the ultimate frisbee tournament. Hope you continue to have fun and share your adventures.
Take care,
Andrea