Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Milwaukee Festival of Art

 photo batch_IMG_1923.jpg  photo batch_IMG_1921.jpg  photo batch_IMG_1920.jpg  photo batch_IMG_1360.jpg One of my favorite parts about being home is taking advantage of all that Milwaukee has to offer. That includes our myriad of summer festivals. One of my favorite places in the city is the Art Museum, so there was no question whether or not I was going to the Festival of Art. To be perfectly honest I find the Festival of Art a little pretentious. I don't know about you, but I don't hop on over to an arts festival to spend over a thousand dollars on a garden sculpture. But that's just me. To be honest, I prefer the Third Ward Art Festival at the end of the summer. The art is far more affordable, kitschy and local. But for a fun afternoon with my family and friends we pretended we could afford everything in those tents, my dad and I enjoyed some beer tasting and decorated our own pint glass. We even got a chance to walk through the visiting exhibit. Now I am quite the expert on Kandinsky.

No comments: